Saturday 22 September 2018

WEEK 4: Vocabulary (Zoo Animals)


Class of Vocabulary

Teachers: Daniela, Johanna, Alexandra

What I like from the class: this week was incredible, the whole performance of Daniela. She was astonishing
from the beginning to the ending, her attitude, energy, tone of voice, the use of English Spanish, the control of the class with the amusing activities she brought with her completed one of the best performance, I have ever seen from my classmates. Let’s start with her attitude, she was awesome I could not believe she was a student due to the easy way she took students over but was not such an imposing control that get stressed students. it was something with balance. I want to mention something that took my attention was when some students came late to the class and she had already explained the instructions. I think that was in the warm up even though these students came late she did not stuck, I thought she was going to explain again the activity as the first time but she did not and it was perfect because she did not waste time repeating
the activity, instead she gave them a brief explanation and it was magnificent.

 Johanna did a great job as well, she explained well the activities, she use perfectly the materials, she had the good vibe the good energy and she did use English Spanish properly. I love the explanation of matching she gave an example on the board and cardboard was awesome. Alexandra was good giving the class, she had some tough moments where students started to talk and they did not pay attention to her, but despite that she did not allow that they took the control of the class and she got serious with them but not in a bad way that kind of situation when students get frightened by the teacher, I mean in the way that they could respect her, and that was absolutely perfect.

What I did not like from the class: well, I am supposed to write something in this part but honestly I could not see such a big mistakes that one can say that are terrible and that affected the class´s development, it was not like that. Nevertheless,  there are certain things which they can improve such as; the pronunciation of words like ( Tiger), the unexpected problem of masking tape and only those little things which I know they will be more careful next time when they present their second class.

Thing to Improve: In the things which they have to improve I think that they only need to keep on working like they did and trying to do things even better next time. I have always had the thought of taking a self-evaluation about the thing we do. An inner assessment and I know that they did it awesome, but I do know they can do it even better each time they have the chance to give a class. All in all, I can see features of such a great teachers in these girls and something important this has not to be the end, this has not to be the limit of their development. Because when we outdo ourselves we will have to find out where our limits are.


Things which i will probably do in my next class:
Taking the control as Daniela did, the attitude and try to find my own style for teaching, i consider this class an excellent example for us to take into account in the moment to present ours, model as much as possible for students to understand the instruction or explanation of a topic we are required to teach. the activities which were undoubtely engaging for kids, the materials they used in class were really appealing absolutely colorful and catching attention. 





1 comment:

  1. Hi David, I really appreciate your comments. I agree with you because as we know the tone of voice is one of the most important things at the moment of teaching English, in that way you catch the attention of everybody and they learn more. Also there are some moments when children start to talk a lot and that happens when they are friend because children are talkative all the time and they want to share about everything and it was a challenge for Alexandra, because she had to take the control over the class, and as you mention she did it in a appropiate way. And thank you for your advice of knowing the pronuntiation of the vocabulary perfectly before to start the class, in that way we can project more security at the moment of teaching.

    ReplyDelete

WEEK 10 Vocabulary (Let´s Celebrate)

Teachers: Lidia, Saraí, Paola Hi Guys! Here I am again and this time I had the fortune to be in a vocabulary class with the teachers: L...